The Virgin Prince's War Journal

The grim and gritty side of things. If everyone had a soundtrack to their lives, mine would be the best.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Sick of 1984

To all of you still producing your usual fluids,

Sick again! Here it is, four days shy of my birthday and two days shy of my dear Rush Girl’s visit, and I’m sick again! I can not think of a single good reason why I might be sick right now, other than the fact that my sister regularly baby-sits several germ producing human youths. I can only imagine the nature of how the tots spread the viruses and bacteria, placing dead animals found by the side of the road in their oft-drooling mouths, building sand castles in the cat’s litterbox, and running around with snot-covered arms. However the pecks did it, my sister came home a broken woman a few days ago, coughing, sneezing, and spending even more time unconscious than usual. She, of course, gave it to me. How is it the presence of my sister can so easily make me ill, when an unusually high exposure to ape-feces can not?

Either her, or God, who has been known to punish and forsake me from time to time, often for no good reason at all. Is it really that sacrilegious to want to be referred to as “Kid Jesus” because my birthday falls on Easter this year? I think not. My current request, like every other, is the very epitome of reasonability. So what if I’m planning on sporting a beard and demanding wine from every person I see, citing a “lack of blood”? Who really cares if have an obscene Easter-egg hunt planned for the upcoming weekend? Who says pants aren’t a valid hiding place? Truly, if I should strap two large blocks of Styrofoam to my feet and plan to walk across a body of water somewhere, it should be an issue to no one.

Why can’t God direct his rage at someone else, Mel Gibson perhaps, with his pockets full of cash from his “Passion of Christ” film. Despite all the buzz, I still haven’t seen the film, though I am quite interested in seeing Jesus roaming the land with his Geiger-counter, searching for decontaminated water, or fending off the hordes of Romans terrorizing the land on their dune-buggies. Oh, but I’m not really in the mood for a splatter film.

There’s still so much to do. Laundry to wash, shoes to shine, items to pack, reservations to be made, and I still haven’t gotten around to doing my taxes. I shall try for that tonight, I do want to get them done. I just hope I don’t end up owing, that would be the last thing I need right about now. So much to do, and I’m so very tired. The Rockstar flowing through my veins is not taking effect, despite the IV drip by my workstation, steadily pumping it into me. I haven’t felt this lethargic since I had a parasitic leach within my belly, eating my organs and stimulating my libido.

The only good thing about hacking up the occasional lung are the things you sometimes find in process. Baby teeth, never redeemed for quarters, a ring I misplaced while eating fried chicken, the occasional lost fork, the head from an old He-Man figure, that cat we assumed just ran away. The process of rediscovery leads to an awareness of needing to be more careful when one eats, and perhaps, to drink less.

I’m writing again, this, at the very least, is good. Though I may feel tired and sluggish now, and the ideas aren’t as much pouring out as they are surely slowly secreting, but there are still ideas there, and they need to be expressed. You all need your fix of the wisdom of the Virgin Prince!

Is anyone else in this blessed country bothered by the bellyaching of the Republican masses about our so-called “Liberal Media”? I find it the funniest when the belligerent hosts of angry Republican talk radio do the complaining. For a supposed liberal media, there sure is a lot of propaganda in the news that’s decidedly pro-Bush and his administration. The majority of the articles in the paper aren’t nearly as vocal as they should be, and of the articles that are written objectively, the ones that do point out flaws, corruption, general stupidity, there are too few. Somewhere along the line, the current administration started spreading the notion around that to object to corruption or errors in our government is inherently un-American, the Bush team really milking the tragedy of September 11th for all it was worth and insisting that it was important, now more than ever, to be a patriotic American. The people were weak, and easily taken advantage of. I do recall the amount of nervousness I felt when people started flying flags all over the entire country the next day. At the time, I pushed aside my feelings of paranoia and hoped that people were merely trying to come together, to heal, to support their country; not to become sheep, blindly following what they were told and being taken in by symbols, suppressing their need for free-will.

And now we've got shit like Freedom Fries.

Bush, meanwhile, is getting everything he wants, and no one’s doing much of anything about it. Back when Clinton was in office, the Republican Party worked non-stop to try to ruin his reputation and remove him from office, no matter how ridiculous the charge. They even blew a fellatio scandal out of proportion. Yet no one seems to be doing much of anything about Bush. Why was Clinton’s credibility attacked so much over a blowjob, some affairs, and some brief Marijuana use? Why is it not an issue when Bush has a history of cocaine abuse, drunken driving arrests, duty-ditching, shady business practices, ties to the Bin Laden family, and an abnormal love for the death penalty?

Bush, who’s helped to destroy our economy. Bush, who gave the (Democrat earned) budget surplus to the rich, and left us with an even bigger deficit (as a sidenote, Reagan tripled the deficit while he was in office, why anyone would want to put him on a coin is beyond me). Bush, who did not adequately protect our nation from REAL terrorist threats prior to September 11th, but proudly proclaims himself our protector and that his administration is keeping us safe due to the fact that he bombed the shit out of Afghanistan. Last I checked, Osama Bin Laden was still running around out there, uncaptured, believed to be alive, and still in contact with Al Queda. I don’t really recall so much Iraq doing anything to us recently. Not like they had the weapons to anyway.

Bush, who avoided the going to Vietnam by having his father pull strings to put him in the National Guard, then ditched duty while in the National Guard. Bush, who abused his position as Governor of Texas to make millions, buying the Texas Rangers cheaply and then selling them at a much higher amount (the second highest selling price for a baseball team ever), making them much more valuable, courtesy of $135 million in Texan taxpayers’ money.

Bush, who was planning war with Iraq before he even got in office (not elected). Bush, who filled his administration with men that cited a need for a “catastrophic and catalyzing event—like a new Pearl Harbor”, almost exactly one year before the events of September 11th, and had pushed Clinton to send troops to Iraq in the years prior. Bush, who showed no reaction upon being told of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, but instead stayed at his photo op for another 20 minutes. Bush, who has helped to take away our rights with his Patriot Act, and is now working to take away a woman’s right to an abortion, and also to add the first amendment to the Constitution to actually restrict rights, as opposed to guaranteeing them, courtesy of his prejudicial agenda to prevent gays from being allowed to marry.

I guess only the rich deserve tax-breaks.

Have the media and the people all been taken in? Do they honestly believe that it’s un-American to criticize the president and the things currently going on? Or are they just stupid? Perhaps in the case of the media their reluctance to speak up and write honestly and objectively comes from the examples set by:

#1. Bob Stevens, photo editor for the National Enquirer whom published a photo of Jenna Bush drunk and fooling around on a floor with another drunken female. Bob’s now deceased due to a mysterious case of Anthrax.

#2. Steve Kangas, who ran the web site, Liberalism Resurgent, and wrote researched pieces that seriously tarnished the Right’s appearance and credibility up until his apparent “suicide”.

#3. Danny Casolaro, who was working on a book about the scandals of George H.W. Bush’s presidency, up until he was found dead, by way of “suicide”.

#4. Mark Lombardi, conceptual artist that drew up sketches and drawings of the Bush savings and loan scandal, up until his “suicide”.

#5. James Hatfield, author of the unauthorized George W. Bush biography, Fortunate Son, which chronicles his cocaine abuse. Of course, shortly after, James Hatfield was dead by, you guessed it, “suicide”.

Whatever the case, people need to do something. Television will not save you. The King of Queens will not keep you safe from a terrorist attack. Will And Grace will not safeguard your freedoms or your right to vote. There’s something very wrong going on in the real world right now, and as long as people continue to ignore it, things will only get worse. Anyone up for a repeat of Germany 1938?

Be seeing you,
The Virgin Prince
The Virgin Prince, 2:31 PM